Bone up people – this topic is going to be front answering centre for a while and you might a special we’ll be arms with REAL information.
Guest essay by Mike Jonas
This is how climate works. It’s all about seeing the ocean and atmosphere separately:
- The sun directly warms the ocean.
- Cloud cover changes naturally, affecting the sun’s warming of the ocean.
- Cloud cover changes have only minor effect on the atmosphere.
- Ocean oscillations warm the atmosphere.
- Greenhouse gases (GHGs), including man-made CO2, warm the atmosphere too.
- The atmosphere has little effect on the ocean, except over very long periods.
- If the ocean cools, the atmosphere radiates excess heat to space.
And that’s about it. Well, OK, a few other things do go on in climate, but those are the essentials.
It is generally accepted – incorrectly – that man-made CO2 is the principal force changing Earth’s temperature, and that it will lead to catastrophe (the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming hypothesis, “CAGW”). The “C” in “CAGW” is very important, because that is the major…
View original post 2,353 more words